Service Restoration Inc – Bloomington, MN
We are looking for an efficient Payroll (with HR skills) Coordinator or Generalist to undertake a variety of Payroll and HR administrative duties. This person will facilitate daily Payroll functions like keeping track of new hires, time entries, PTO, Special pay, OT, taxes, State payroll compliance, employees records and supporting the HR and Payroll processes.
Tons of opportunity for advancement for the right individual!!! high growth company.
- This position’s primary role involves processing weekly payroll, including research into individual payroll inconsistencies and ensuring multi-state payroll compliance (labor and Wage and hour division regulations, state tax rates, SUI, FICA, etc.). Candidate must be an independent thinker and able to spot issues and efficiently correct or determine whether others need to be involved in troubleshooting.
- HR: This person will perform many secondary duties and tasks that are varied and under the Payroll, HR, Compliance, and Administrative umbrella. This may include financial and accounting tasks as well. Candidates should have a high level of self-sufficiency, multi-tasking ability, and a willingness to take on a variety of different tasks as required.
- Recruitment: This position will perform tasks with a focus to grow our company’s talent pipeline and improve our sourcing tactics. You will perform some functions of recruitment, including ad placement and interview scheduling. You will research the rate comparisons for positions.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Payroll and HR as well as general administrative responsibilities.
- Candidate will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of Payroll and HR projects and operations.
- To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using Payroll and HR software and tools. Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the Payroll and HR departments and the Company.
- Payroll certification preferred
- • BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field, or a combination of related education and professional Payroll and HR work experience to equal two years.
- • Experience processing and auditing payroll Required
- • Experience handling confidential and time-sensitive materials
- • Experience interacting effectively and establishing cooperative working relationships with all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- • Track record of dedication to providing excellent customer service
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills
- • Experience prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- • Experience with staffing and recruitment
- • Understanding of ADA, FLSA, FMLA, EEO and other general employment laws and any associated documentation and record-keeping
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- • Experience with HR policies and procedures
- • Experience with payroll systems and with HRIS
- • Demonstrated ability/adaptability to learn new technologies/programs and train others on use of technology
- • Experience with FLSA, FMLA, and benefit administration
- • Payroll or Human Resources certifications, such as PHR or SPHR, CPP
- • Demonstrated advocacy in diversity
- • Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems, solicit feedback, and make recommendations
$15.00 – $22.00 per hour
This position exists primarily to provide Payroll coordination and HR assistance. This position manages weekly payroll for all employees including permanent, regular, part-time, full-time, temporary employees. This position is part of the payroll and HR team and reports to the Director of HR and Payroll.
(HRMS includes HR, Payroll, HRIS, and other software process and systems)
This person is expected to serve as a subject matter expert in their duties as a payroll coordinator for the center and will implement best practices as it relations to payroll administration. The secondary function of this position will be to assist with recruitment and appointment entry.
Payroll Coordination: • Enter and review payroll appointment (multiple software), time and attendance, and payroll entries and audit pre-payroll confirmation reports, abstracts, and other records to assure accuracy and cross-check entries done by other staff; provide training in payroll and appointment procedures to staff and supervisors • Performs review of accurate time reporting, verification, file imports, and balancing to ensure internal controls are followed and audit requirements are met • Responsible for finding potential discrepancies and resolve discrepancies or errors appropriately through analysis of problem and coordination with employee and supervisors • Maintains data integrity in HRMS by conducting routine audits and analyzing data; ensures changes are incorporated so systems are compliant with all payroll policies • In coordination with the Director, researches and recommends process improvements to better utilize HRMS and to implement best practices • Ensures that the unit is in compliance with local, state, and federal employment rules and determines and communicates the unit time reporting requirements and standards to employees and supervisors • Process and monitor one time per diem payments for traveling employees.
HRMS Entry and Auditing: • Assist in implementation and development. Serve as a Payroll and HR contact for the company • Serve as technical support for both HR system users and end users • Audits on a regular basis to ensure correct reporting structures, changes, and classifications • Maintains job data integrity in HRMS by conducting routine audits and analyzing data; ensures changes are incorporated so systems are compliant with all policies • Set up new hire job records in HRMS systems • Responsible for entry and appointment maintenance of adjunct and affiliate appointments • Enter new Faculty appointments in the HRMS systems to launch on-boarding processes following guidelines for timely entry • Manage data entry of faculty and staff leaves to include bench planning for promotion or phased retirements; FMLA, parental leave, medical leave, etc. • Maintain entry of performance reviews
Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage and coordinate all hiring functions. To include: • Job Classification: Advise hiring authorities on appropriate classification of positions. Consult with hiring managers on initial job designs; review and recommend changes to job descriptions for positing. Review position description and advise employees and supervisors • Compensation: Prepare salary analyses for job offers for full-time, part-time, and temporary staff; determine compensation for new hires in consultation with the Director or Owner •
Recruitment Strategy: Serve as information source for and work with supervisors and support staff on development of recruitment strategies/ads, interview and selection process, hiring approvals and on-boarding. Enter requisitions online and monitor approvals; monitor referrals, and maintain recruitment records.
Monitoring Compliance: Monitor compliance in regards to the hiring process with contracts and rules, vacancies, temporary and casual appointment •
On-boarding: On-board employees. This includes reference checking, background checking, developing appointment letters, assuring that incoming employees complete required forms and procedures, I-9 verification and compliance in accordance with policy and procedure, benefits orientations, training information, and maintaining on-boarding materials for accuracy and relevance. Monitor compliance and follow-up on compliance issues related to required employee training such as HIPAA, Data Security, and Sexual Harassment Awareness Training • This will require coordinating hiring efforts with HR staff to ensure a seamless hiring process.
Leave Administration: • Manage employee leaves to include phased retirements, FMLA, parental, medical etc. in accordance with local, State and Federal regulations. Consult with Employee Benefits on disability leaves. Advise faculty and staff on benefits offerings • Establish FMLA claims; send and track documentation • Analyze FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification forms are completed in compliance with state and federal regulations • Communicate on-going expectations with employees on leave • Maintain confidentiality of medical leave information
Performance Review Process Administration: • Oversee the administrative tasks staff performance review process such as entering job descriptions and sending communications related to the performance review process • Provide training to supervisors and staff on how to use the performance review system • Communicate deadlines and advise on issues • Monitor completions and audit reviews to assure that reviews meet requirements • Collect and maintain data for annual and probationary review process for staff positions