New Appliance Installation - Do's & Don'ts
Whether you’re looking to upgrade or it’s out of necessity of a failed appliance, new appliance installation time can be exciting. Read along to learn about common issues that you can avoid!
Before you order
- Measure the width, depth, and height of each space where an appliance will go.
- Write down any restrictions to the measurements.
- A wall may block a refrigerator door from opening
- A cabinet knob may impede a range from opening
- Counter height may differ and affect what size unit you may install
- Understand how your appliance will be powered
- Laundry appliances, stoves, water heaters, and ranges may be powered by gas or electricity
- Anticipate any future cabinet layout or design changes.
- Will the appliance color still work if you decide to paint the cabinets?
- Will the appliances fit if you change the cabinet layout?
The "Do's" of New Appliance Installation
- Document your property of any scratches or dings in walls and floors with pictures
- Make sure floor protection is used to avoid damaging your floors
- Ensure all connections are properly hooked up
- Test the refrigerator water line while home
- Test the dishwasher water supply while home
- Make sure all appliances power up
- Make sure you don’t smell a gas leak if using gas appliances
- Do install moisture detection alarms – it’s a great time to do so
The "Don'ts" of New Appliance Installation
- Don’t assume installers will protect your home like it’s their own
- Don’t be afraid to ask them to lay down protection
- Don’t assume they will make all appliance connections flawlessly without testing to ensure they are properly working
- You just got your appliances, you shouldn’t have to wait for their next availability to remedy the issue!
- Don’t ignore the “Do” checklist, it will be frustrating to return improper fitting appliances
- Don’t wait to call Service Restoration if an improperly installed water line has caused water damage
- Don’t wait to call Service Restoration if an appliance has caused a fire
Certified Restoration Specialists
Service Restoration is a IICRC Certified Firm with
Technicians Certified by the IICRC with a Triple Master Designation
Faribault Water Damage
Faribault Water Damage Founded On Relationships, Service, & Quality Work The rich history of Faribault Faribault is positioned 50 miles directly south of Minneapolis. The city
Water Damage Cannon Falls
Water Damage Cannon Falls, MN Founded On Relationships, Service, & Quality Work Historic Cannon Falls Cannon Falls is located straight south of St. Paul, MN.
Basement Water Damage Rochester MN
Basement Water Damage Rochester MN Founded On Relationships, Service, & Quality Work Weather Causing Basement Water Damage As Minnesota heads into the Spring season, the